Monday, May 31, 2010

All for 20 Bucks

Meet my sister, Diane Iona Sperry Blackam but for the sake of simplicity we'll use Diane.  Diane has many amazing qualities but her weaknesses include the outdoors, bugs, dirt and the dark.
(I took this picture of her, she was a beautiful bride.)
While we sat and watched the boys in our party build a rock wall to enforce the stream bank, my cousin, Sarah, and I thought we would each offer Diane a 20 dollar bill to submerge herself in the small pond.
Now the pond on this day was full of extra particulates, creating a muddy brine.  I would have never guessed she would be willing to submerge herself in the muck but I guess money talks, especially when you are a newlywed, and in she went.
My children never want to let and opportunity to get in the water pass them by and for a measly one dollar bill they each joined her.
Kyler wasn't quite brave enough to enter the water until his sister was waiting for him with open arms.  (Notice the nice shade of brown).

1 comments:

Ducksoup said...

wow. that is amazing. don't think i would have done it. way to go dis!

Post a Comment