He was unhappy.
This posed a serious problem. His 3rd birthday is quickly approaching and he will no longer be invited to attend playgroup through the Early Intervention program. He has been going for over a year and this is "his school."
Keanna auditioned for Nutcracker a few days after back to school night. While I was watching her I was visiting with Kyler's old preschool teacher, Ms. Shauna. She was wondering how Kyler liked his new teacher. My response included the fact that the teacher was great but Aysen couldn't figure out why she didn't have a desk set-up for him. I finished by asking her if she didn't want to start a class for 2 year olds and before the conversation was over, Aysen was enrolled to be the eighth student in her 3 year old class.
Today was his first day of school. He dressed himself.
![]() |
| Aysen, Age 2, First day of School |
Grandma Linda dropped him off for me (I was attending a funeral) and reported he went with no hesitation. I picked him up and he had a gigantic smile, carrying the treat bucket that was almost his same size. If he was potty-trained all complications would be resolved.
My older children also had their first day of school and I did pause my anti-photography strike. The traditional pictures were taken and each child even added in their own pose or two.
I love to see what outfits are chosen for this most important occasion.
![]() |
| Taylei, 8th Grade, 13 |
The mother-daughter date included lunch, haircuts and treats. The shopping trips even concluded before their money ran out, though it is still burning holes in their pockets. Taylei finished with 7 pairs of new shoes and is online seeking out the eighth. She also purchased her first four pairs of colored skinny jeans. How long do you think this trend will last?
![]() |
| Keanna, 5th Grade, 10 |
As we were driving to the stores Keanna pulled out a list of what she hoped to buy. Hilarious. She had itemized her needs and budgeted the funds she anticipated spending in each category. A shawl was her greatest priority but we didn't find one. Taylei was mindful of this. She kept an eye out and found a white one to do the trick. When we brought it home to give it to her Taylei thought Keanna would be so excited she wanted to video her reaction which did not disappoint. If awards could have been offered I would have held the title of "Best Mom Ever."
![]() |
| Kyler, 1st Grade, 7 |
I did strip Kyler of his agency as he chose what to wear for the day. He only likes basketball shorts. I instructed him he had to wear denim for the first day (since the camera was coming out of the closet I wanted to document he does have more options than he chooses). Maybe not nice, but I am the mother and I do need to ruin their lives on occasion, isn't that part of the job description?
The Woodland's met at our house for our annual back to school group shot. (I'm pretty sure Keanna is still taller than Jake. He was always standing on the high side of the ground. I may need to investigate further).
Back to School pictures taken August 22, 2012







2 comments:
school! hurrah. they all look very adorable. and i do love the color of the skinny jeans, but SKINNY JEANS!?!? i just think they are a tragic mistake of humanity. thank HEAVENS she has the legs to pull them off. i am planning several interventions with friends i know and love.
the end.
Loved this post. Your kids are just so darn cute. I can't believe they are all in school. And, I really think we should make Taylei wear clothes that are MUCH less cute. Maybe she should have to come pick out of my closet every morning. That would help keep the boys away!
Post a Comment