Today I must share my testimony: I know my Heavenly Father loves me and my family.
Yesterday afternoon I went to Juab Title. I needed to work on monthly reports and reconciliations. Aysen loves to be there with me, or loves the ice cream and has even realized the fridge is usually stocked with soda. Soda. I don't drink soda. I don't like the taste. The carbonation is terrible and I would rather spend the calories on so many better options.
He found a root beer and left it on my desk. While he was sleeping for hours on my lap, I became thirsty and decided a sip would help satisfy my needs. Wrong!
One swallow was all it took. The headache began. My migraines usually start with a dull pain and develop into something nasty over a few hours. I ignored the ache, went home, toured the improvements at the house next door, and headed to the park to watch Keanna and Kyler play softball and baseball. By the time I arrived back at home my head was on fire. The nausea had set in. Death seemed easy.
Not good.
When this happens I go to bed. Force myself to sleep and ignore all responsibilities. I wake up the next morning with a hangover but usually cured.
Tonight I had a daughter who was relying on me. This was not an option, she needed help her with campaign posters. The posters were due today.
Not good at all.
After two hours in bed, I gathered myself together and prayed for a miracle.
When I made it upright I found the headache was functionable.
Let the work begin.
Taylei and I had only found one poster idea online. The other inspiration was coming from the cute owls on my blog header.
I finished Poster Number 1 at 11 pm. I asked Taylei if one might be enough. Negative. Even though she loved the final result she wanted two -- I would have wanted the same.
Taylei needed to go to bed, it was way past her bed time. She approved my paper choice, left me a note of what she wanted the poster to say and she fell asleep with great hopes that when she woke up in the morning two posters would be ready for display.
I crawled into bed at 2 am. My head not awesome but not terrible. I finished Poster Number 2. I hadn't let Taylei down. This was important to me. I want her to know she is loved by her mom and I'm willing to help her with any righteous desire.
I know she was praying for me. I know Andy was praying for me. I was praying for me. Heavenly Father answers prayers.
This morning I'm left with the famous migraine hangover. I'm planning to take a nap with Aysen and sleep the rest of it off. I'm truly blessed.
About the election: I don't know if Taylei will win, but I do know she will do an awesome job if she is given the opportunity to be a student body officer. She is amazing, astounding, awesome, adorable and these are just a few of the "A" adjectives that describe her.


3 comments:
Having had only 4 of what I would tentatively call migraines (to learn compassion) and a mother who has truly suffered from them, my heart goes out to you -- the hangover is terrible, too, having observed, lo, these many years.
what a mom.
I hope taylei is able to appreciate it -- someday she will even more!
Those look awesome Tina! I'm sure glad I have a sister who is so talented and creative!
wowsers. seriously you made those. i still can't believe we have the same mother and father. the posters turned out AWESOME. i love them! taylei looks so cute holding them. you are amazing. glad you were blessed and was able to pull through that night :).
Post a Comment