Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thoughts in my Brain . . .

Today is the Sabbath.  My coveted, favorite day of the week.  I love the fact that most of the activities my family is usually involved in are not activities for this holy day.

I always have giant expectations for myself for a perfect Sabbath day.

Top of the list:  Blog.

With the amount of blogging on this site lately.  I profess failure.

I hate failing.

As of late I have spent a significant amount of time wondering about myself and my failures.

The list also includes: exercise, housework, meals, family time and even laundry.

Speaking of laundry, you should see the stack of darks in my closet, Andy was getting ready for church and wanted to know if we had any darks (washed, waiting in a laundry basket to be put away).  He was out of his 'preferred' black socks.  Two things about this struck me as funny.  One - I now know he has summer socks, winter socks and 'preferred' church socks.  Two - socks were the first clothing item he ran out of.  Maybe I should turn it into an experiment and see what he comes up short in next.

My deal with Lisa seems to be broken.  I check my blog daily.  I have great anticipation for updated reading material.  Plus, I have to check to see if she has blogged.  When nothing is posted I feel relief and sorrow.  No pressure for me to find a spare minute to write something but nothing to read either.  Bittersweet might be the correct word.

Today I was going to overcome the giant hurdle and get 20 posts finished.  Today I re-heated Taco Soup for lunch.  Easy.  Today I was Andy's home teaching companion.  Today I downloaded 600+ pictures from my memory card.  Today I felt literal stomach pain as I sat in my self-proclaimed spot on the sofa and checked the news and family web sites instead of diving into my blog, then glancing at the clock and seeing it was 7 pm.

I need to be grounded.

What is wrong with me?

I need to take control of my life instead of letting life control me.  Direction, purpose, drive but still willing to adapt to life's circumstances.

I told my children tonight we were going to, as a family, create some rules for the summer.  Scripture study, chores and rewards for success etc.

Keanna keeps begging for a workbook to complete during the summer.  She has chosen to do her first report on Australia.  Taylei will stay busy enough, maybe she should be required to do a book report each month, reading is not on her hobby list.  Kyler is hoping to have his dad help him build the chicken coop he designed tomorrow.  Aysen will have to be grounded from Curious George, the little monkey might need to be off limits for summer vacation.

Me - I still have my barn flower bed to plant.  Sod to finish preparing for.  Blogging.  Book reading.  Bill paying.  Laundry.  Classes to take in CS5 and maybe if I won't fall over dead I think I might try some form of exercise.

One day at a time . . . that is truly what I need to remember.


1 comments:

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

great now I am in trouble because I have to blog and I am to tired to even write!
This dishes are piled so I high I am relieved I have paper plates.
And Laundry I wish it was only darks we needed washed.
Guess I might owe the Williams dinner!

Post a Comment