I made myself a little mess over the last few days. All of the photos from my past were pulled from a box, sorted, tossed, and a handful were sent to be scanned. The piles have been all over the floor and not once have my children relocated, messed with or used them for their art projects.
Another reason to believe miracles still exist.
While I have been sorting, many of the photos have made their way into the round file. I've learned that scenery pictures have little meaning 15 years later.
I.E.: The pictures of the backlots at Universal Studios have all been discarded.
During the purge I found a few classic photos . . .
Why Andy's drivers license has made it into my box of treasures is a mystery. But since it has been located I will use it to prove my professions.
Taylei is small. I wish she would grow a little. I tell people she gets her size from her father. I'm sure they think I'm crazy when I use him as the reason . . . he is 6'0" and 190 pounds.
This license is my proof. At age 16, if you look closely he measures in at 5'3" and a whopping 110.
Taylei will grow . . . it is just a matter of when.
For the record . . . my mom did used to dye her hair. She was a blond beauty when she married.
I once was quite small myself.
I could also add an entry in a gratitude journal. It would allude to the fact that I'm grateful upholstery fabric of this fashion is no longer available for purchase.
Once upon a time my father had pepper hair. Quite different than the salt variety he has aged into. He is holding Mike and I. Notice Mike's cute little bottom. This proves my father to be quite brave in my book. He was holding a loaded weapon with no protection and I know first hand the risk he was taking.
And one last picture in honor of Mona Days. My mom always made us AMAZING floats. Mona style, we were at the top. My Grandpa Ewell was always kind enough to let her use his garden cart as the base. Kami and I would be the horse power to pull the cart through the entire four block parade route. I believe it was this year our mothers decided to pull the cart home and were amazed by how heavy it was. This mystery could easily be solved. Mike and Clint were sitting on cinderblocks.
I'm once again inspired to work on documenting my past for the members of the future.
Too bad it seems I would have to give up the present to get it done.
The solution: sleep less a whole, whole lot less.

1 comments:
cool posts. i love the picture of you with mom. it's crazy for me to think of mom being a young mom like i am now. i of course know she was so it was fun to see the pic. and i loved the float picture. when i see things like that i see that you got mom's creativity.
Post a Comment