Kyler and Taylei had a play date tonight at Uncle Mike's house. Kynlee wanted to play Super Mario with four players. The night had went well to the best of my knowledge and I called Taylei when I was on my way to pick them up and asked them to be ready.
The journey took a little longer than normal when I had to stop and purchase fuel (which has skyrocketed in price, again). I called Taylei as I was driving up the street hoping to have her and Kyler just run out. Sounds kind of lazy I know but it was terribly cold and Aysen was with me and all mothers understand the pain of moving children in and out of carseats (nice run on sentance).
When Nikkii answered Taylei's phone I was slightly confused. She quickly expained the situation had changed in the last few minutes and she had taken Mike to the emergency room.
Super Mario may need to attach a warning, it should read something like this: Do not play this game while sitting on glass coffee tables. Sounds a little ridiculous but really, McDonald's has to put the warning that the 'coffee is hot' on their cups. Same mentality I believe.
The story: Mike, Kyler, Taylei and Kynlee were in the middle of a serious game of Mario. Mike and Kyler must have felt the hard, glass (remember the need for the warning) coffee table gave them the competitive edge over the cushioned, leather sofa. I'm told Mike has also sat in this same position with his brother Paul while playing the game. Warning needed.
The glass shattered. Kyler fell straight through and Mike caught himself on the wood frame. The size, shape and sharpness of the glass pieces under the table is hard to imagine and quite undescribable. (My mother and I cleaned up piece after piece. When the shock of it all wore off we regretted not taking a picture.) Mike yelled for Kyler to hold still and lifted him up out of the glass.
Taylei helped Kyler undress to check for injuries. The worst of it was a small scrape at the base of his back that didn't even draw blood. Mike didn't come out of it quite as lucky.
He doesn't know when he received this gash to the inside of his elbow. It makes me physically ill just looking at it. He was stitched up but it didn't require additional medical care .
I know Kyler should have been seriously injured. I know he should have required stitches in multiple locations with the possible internal injuries. Glass is nasty. I know he was blessed. I know Heavenly Father protected him from harm this day. I know I am blessed. Miracles are abundant this week at our house.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Why did you do that to me? Ahhhhh I am traumatized. Do tell Mike that I'm impressed he lived through the ordeal. And I think you are definitely right about angels watching out for Kyler. Wow.
Post a Comment