This week the school board was meeting. I should attend all school board meetings. I do not. No excuse even, I just never go. I'm not alone. Why is this?
For the first few minutes of their meeting they take the time to honor achievement and it was Mona Elementary's turn to brag. The spelling bee winners were invited to be recognized for their spelling achievements.
I'm thinking if there was a spell off between these students and the board members the students would have won. Power to the little people.
I'm glad the district takes the time for this. They become real people to the students. As soon as the awards were divvied out the room emptied. I left as well. I should have stayed. Maybe next time . . .
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
She is sure a cute little princess. Way cool for her to get to meet some members of the school board and be honored. Way to go Keanna!
Post a Comment