Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Andy climbed out of bed bright and early this morning.  I heard a little commotion but it seems to almost take a natural disaster to get me out of bed one minute earlier than necessary.

During the morning hustle I found a note from Andy.

The note read:  "To find your valentine,  you must follow your instincts, hopefully they are sharp this day, to solve all these clues!!!!  Here is your first clue:  A portal into the past, a reminder of the present."  The family took a break from routine to help me.

Too bad my instincts were anything but sharp.  I looked in the scrapbook sitting next to me.  Nothing.  Andy is smarter than me.  I will admit it any day of the week.  We think on different wave lengths.  His seems to function at a higher, more productive, slow to react, analyze the situation, solve the problem kind of level.

Answer to clue #1:  The kitchen window where I can see the barn but be reminded there are still dishes to be done.  Higher level I tell you.

Clue #2:  "NEWS FLASH, Andy loves Tina"  I once again was stumped.  We only get the newspaper Friday through Sunday and it had been disposed of.  I went in to check my computer, ksl.com, ktvx.com, msn.com and todayshow.com are my links to the world.  Andy shook his head at me and said we needed to watch more television at our house.

Clue #3:  01001001 001000000 0111011111 0111011001100101 0 . . .  the only clue I figured out on my own - the computer.

Clue #4:  "my safety champion"  The only idea that came to my mind was the gate to block the stairs from Aysen.  Taylei figured out the clue immediately but before I had an idea, Andy left for work and the girls headed to school.  Taylei tried to hint as she was walking out the door but no lights came on.  At this point, I quit.  Clueless.  The word describes me in so many ways.  Andy called and said Champion is a brand for this item but ours was a Yukon Gold.  The only thing I could think of now were potatoes.  Andy basically had to spell it out - our gun safe.

Clue #5:  "ready, get set, eat!" lead me to the fridge.  I found a clue carefully taped to the ceiling.  I was so proud of myself until Andy told me I was wrong and had just skipped a bunch of clues.   The real answer: the kitchen table.

Clue #6:  "whirly twirly, you mesmerize me"  By this point Andy decided to just stay on the phone with me and help me through.  Answer:  Our bedroom fan.

Clue #7:  "clothing not recommended"  Not my first guess but the shower was my second.  I found the clue above the shower door, secured in a ziploc bag.  (Maybe Andy presumed it might take me a few days to complete this hunt and he wanted it preserved).

Clue #8:  "ray, ray, where art though?"  The sun!  Which I have missed for the last four months.  The clue was taped to the side of the plant.  I had watered the plant earlier in the morning and didn't even see it.

Clue #9:  "too much black delight will make you sweat"  Once again my instinct was wrong but in honor of the need for heat I found the clue taped to the wood-burning stove.

Clue #10:  "magic light, i only come one when you need to see what you eat"  Luckily I had already found this clue inside the fridge.

Clue #11:  "no leftover keys here"  After looking in our spare key box, Andy reminded me it said "no leftover."  The piano.

Clue #12:  (My favorite clue) "I Love You!"

Taped to each clue was a red puzzle piece.  On the back of the completed puzzle was a love note from my sweetie.  A love note is my favorite kind of present.  I love him!  I will be forever in pursuit of becoming his equal.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!  The day to remind those you love that you love them.  This can never happen to frequently.

1 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

that is so adorable! go andy go!

i got a love note from ben once. it was all i wanted for my 23rd birthday, and it is very nice and is carefully preserved, as I'm pretty sure it's the only love note i shall ever receive. good thing he's so awesome at other stuff!

i'm so glad you've got a grand husband. go cuz go.

Post a Comment