Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Date as FHE

For our Valentine's Day date, Andy and I went with our children to the bowling alley in Payson.  We had been given a gift certificate a few years back and had never gotten it used.

When bowling, taking the kids is an extra good excuse to have the bumpers up.  I took a bowling class in college and can admit my skills are lacking.

I started off the night with a strike and so did Andy.  This was the only frame where I was competitive with him.  I almost delighted in the fact his shoes were sticking funny making his release a little hard.  I am carnal, sensual and devilish.  To this I do admit guilt.  Not that it mattered, I stood no chance.

Aysen was a handful.  He seems to always be a handful.  I commented to Andy that I was afraid of when he hits the terrible two's.  Andy thinks it can't get worse.  I remember having those same thoughts with Taylei.  On the day she turned two, I swear she bumped it up a level.

Aysen had a great time hanging out at the ball return.  He was clever enough to get a ball out -- so grateful it didn't land on his toes or my toes for that matter.
Taylei worried for a few minutes about staying ahead of her little sister.
She is not lacking in the competitiveness department.  
Keanna is always concerned with style.
She likes to look good.
I'm constantly being told she needs to be in dancing.
The other night she was reading a story with such inflection
I thought I needed to find a way to get her on a stage.  
A family showed up next to ours with little children and when they began to bowl they had the aid of this contraption.  Kyler was doing fine without but as soon as he saw there was a "tool" to aid him he couldn't resist.  He would get a giant running start and hit the ball with all the force he could muster.  I laughed.  Andy tried to correct him.
We had dinner at IHOP and used more gift cards.  The date was quite inexpensive.  I love being around my children.  I love being with my husband.  I love to save a little money.  I love freeways (except for those under construction which is creating a gigantic hindrance to our relationship as of late). I love being back at home snug in my bed.

It was an awesome Valentine's day.  The sugar cookies were once again delicious and I'm still saving my children from the extra cal's.  A giant sacrifice that I'm way to willing to make.

2 comments:

Ducksoup said...

tina that is a really cute pic of you. you are beautiful and have style and wear jewelry and i am impressed. cause you know when maci is 9 or 12 years old i want her to think her mom has style too. so, one of these days i'm going to hit a jewelry store and get going. sweet post and cute pics of everyone.

AndyW said...

I enjoyed the post as well...and thanks so much for the valentines family date. It was lots o fun to be with you and the kids. You do look hot in that photo!! Love you Much

Post a Comment