Kyler chose to break dance. If he hadn't taken Terrika to her Senior Ball I would have never known he could twist and turn like this. I was impressed and figured if he didn't lose his courage in front of his peers he would be awesome.
He chose to dance to Dynamite and coincidentally began his routine in the same manner as the dance number in Napolean Dynamite, he was just missing the moon boots. He gained courage and performed a toned down version of his Senior Ball performance which means his clothes were unscathed.
To add a little spontaneity to Kyler's performance and completely unplanned, Aysen joined his brother on the stage, wanting to share the spotlight. I was video taping and decided to just let the tape keep rolling. Kyler didn't bat an eye. My insides smiled at the reaction, there was no embarrassment, no dismay. He loves his brother and his actions prove it.
Aysen truly believes he is a student in his brothers class, the 29th kindergartener, a genuine member of the student body. The director of the show cut Kyler's music shortly after Aysen joined him. Kyler was happy to be done but Aysen felt he needed more time on the stage. When I went to grab him he shook his head, not wanting to be removed from the spotlight.
(For some reason, pictures on the stage of the school never turn out. The blurriness comes standard.
Lisa took a minute after the show was over to take pictures of Kyler.)
Keanna also participated in the talent show. She was hoping to perform a dance number with a few of her friends but arrangements to practice never evolved and on Monday morning when they had to 'audition' Keanna moved to Plan B. She performed her piano solo from festival a few weeks earlier.
I was impressed with our student body. Keanna was playing a song that had a fun beat and the audience showed their support by clapping along to the beat. She seemed more nervous to play for her peers than the judges a few weeks earlier, but her peers gave her amazing support.
The talent show is one of my favorite extras our school allows. There is such a variety of talents -- joke telling, basketball dribbling, singing, dancing, magic tricks, jump roping and even rollerblading by none other than Kaci Fae. To have the confidence to stand in front of your peers and perform is amazing but the cheers from the students in the audience was my favorite act.



1 comments:
Kyler is actually pretty amazing when it comes to his break dancing. I was as shocked as Tina when he busted out some crazy moves at the Snow Ball? His pants show the floor burn marks from him getting crazy. Not sure where he picked this type of dancing up, but it is pretty fun to watch.
I'm glad Keanna went with a piano piece. Although, I think she probably would've preferred to dance.
I think it is cool that the elementary puts on the talent show, and gets such a large group of participants. All willing and excited to get up and show off something. It isn't until about 6th grade until we start "fearing the stage".
Post a Comment