Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Terrific Kids

Keanna was awarded Kiwanis Terrific Kid at school today.  The award came with a note, and I quote:

Keanna Williams
4th Grade - Mr. Moore
March 28, 2012

"I have chosen someone this month who really deserves Terrific Kid due the extraordinary amount of work she constantly does, both in and outside of school  She has made subtle changes in her approach to school, which has made a difference in her achievement level.  I'm speaking of Keanna Williams, who continues to exemplify what students can accomplish with a focused mindset and good work ethic.  I appreciate the time she puts in, the questions she asks in class, and the level of responsibility she puts forth.  She is an inspiration to me and others to work harder.  Keanna is always searching for the next great book to read.  She stretches herself at home by typing ridiculous amounts of minutes in order to improve her typing fluency.  Her work still gets done on time, every time.  Thank you, thank you!!!  Keep working towards your goals.  Mr. Moore."

I concur with the words of her teacher.  Keanna is amazing at anything she chooses to devote her time and attention.  At her first parent teacher conference of the year we learned Keanna wasn't focusing.  Her report card had two H's and two S's (Honors and Satisfactory) in regards to her behavior.  S's are not acceptable in our home (at least with Taylei and Keanna, I know all children are different but these two are capable of following class rules).

Keanna was reprimanded and the teacher separated Keanna from her friend whom she choose to visit with instead of listen.  Since this time the report cards have yielded H's and everyone involved is happy.

Picture Taken March 14, 2008 - Age 6.  

1 comments:

AndyW said...

Keanna is a pretty terrific kid, I would have to agree. She is amazing when it comes to putting her mind to something, she works tirelessly until it is accomplished. I'm grateful that one of the things she works hard at is schooling. I love to see her driven to success.

Post a Comment