Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Boyfriend

For Valentine's Day I stayed up half the night attaching hearts with sweet poems to little gifts for my family.  I had planned ahead for once and even purchased a card for my husband.  (I hate paying for cards BUT sometimes they express perfectly the thoughts of my heart.  Thoughts I can't put into words).

I left the valentines in various places my family could find throughout their day -- nothing like a little surprise to boost your happiness.  I cut a deluge of extra hearts to use the next morning for the other valentines I wanted to give.  Andy woke up and in a matter of minutes had used my hearts and hid love notes for me all around our home.   No complaints -- if this is all it takes to get love note, I'ld cut hearts until my fingers were covered in blisters.

Later in the day, flowers arrived.  A dozen red roses to be exact.  The card was simple, "Happy Valentine's Day, Lyn."

Things that make you go hummmmmmmm.   A million thoughts ran through my mind, like, "Were the flowers delivered to the wrong location?" Or, "Did Lynn Bateman send Gail flowers and the cards were accidentally switched?"  Andy was home from work but on the phone.  When he was finished I let him know my conclusion, "I have a boyfriend."

He questioned, "Who?"

My simple response, "Lyn."

"Lyn who" was his reply.

With a hint of the unknown, I answered, "Just Lyn."

I proceeded to show him the flowers and the card.  The mystery was then solved.  He had asked them to write on the card, "Capital LYM."

M not N.  Funny.  It is amazing the difference a missing vertical line creates.
(Stealing a picture from Lisa, since no copyrights were found I believe I'm safe from going to jail).
Due to the fact that we DIDN'T follow the vanishing tradition of doorbell ditching valentine's this year,
Kaci wasn't the only Woodland with a valentine.

Event Occurred February 14, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment