Thursday, March 29, 2012

Arrangements

Andy and I came to a conclusion regarding our recent differences.  Items on my agenda were abandoned and our children were placed in the custody of others while we spent a night away.

Besides the side effects of driving up and down Provo Canyon everything was spectacular (I do have one or two adjectives in my vocabulary besides amazing).  I surprised Andy by picking him up from work earlier than expected.  The American Red Cross missed me at the blood drive but I realized as the day progressed I needed to make the most out of our evening together.

This was our first night away since Aysen was born almost two and a-half years earlier.  We have left our other children much sooner than this and vacationed in Hawaii, New York, and Boston.  Midway, Utah isn't as exotic as any of these destinations but it was just what the doctor ordered.

Time with my husband.  One-on-one time.  Time where his focus was me (and maybe his new calling).

Everything was low-key.  Late breakfast.  Shopping trip in Provo.  Miscellaneous errands and then back to reality.  Softball practice and children.  A beautiful reality, mind you.

1 comments:

AndyW said...

I echo the comments that Tina made. That time together was so good. I think couples need to make time to get away for a night. Put life in the fast lane on hold, then reconnect with your spouse with out all the distractions. I for one loved it, and feel like we need to make this more of a priority. Date nights are super good, but a little more extended time is important too. Next time, Bahamas. j/k

Post a Comment