Ms. Emily (we added the Ms. onto her name to help Aysen distinguish her from the other Emily's he's acquainted with) works in the Early Intervention Program and has been assigned to help Aysen. Aysen LOVES her. We see Emily weekly at playgroup and she comes to our home to play twice during the month. We began the program last July, they have become great pals.
Ms. Emily was scheduling a last minute play date in the Mona park and was hoping we could come. The sky was blue, the schedule open during that hour and we agreed to attend.
Aysen loved being there. He loves anything if we are outside. Add a few friends, a playground and Ms. Emily and he has found heaven on earth.
More on Emily: Tuesday morning, Aysen and I walked from work to playgroup and back to work. On the way back he was insistent to walk in front of the Taco Shop instead of behind it. I figured he might be listening to the spirit (someone was sitting in the parking lot in their car, possibly hoping for a kidnapping victims?) and we followed his desires.
When we got to the front door of the Taco Shop, Aysen stopped. He wanted to go in. I explained to him we would have lunch in a little bit and we went to work. Shortly thereafter, my dad walked in. I told him of Aysen's predicament, his desperate need to eat. My dad happily agreed to getting lunch for all and took Aysen with him.
They didn't come back for almost thirty minutes. In the meantime, I couldn't figure out what had happened. We usually walk the thirty-three steps, order, pay and return to work while it cooks.
Aysen must have been receiving all kinds of inspiration because when they got there, Ms. Emily and Pat had just sat down with their food. I'm told Aysen found a high chair, pushed it up to their table and they lifted him up and in. Ms. Emily even shared her chicken taquitos with my son. Funny. And, if you want funnier, my father had NO IDEA who the ladies were. He could tell Aysen knew them but he had never met either one.
Another example of Miss Emily's amazingness . . . A home visit was scheduled the day of our first snow storm. My home was also doubling as Grand Central Station -- It was Super Thursday, Mary Dawn was down visiting and a friend had stopped by to drop off a project I had ordered. Ms. Emily's car ended up boxed in. Her reaction: make some little boys 'day delightful and engage them in their first snow ball fight of the season.
We are blessed to have Ms. Emily.
Sometimes we are given trials to help us learn and grow.
Sometimes the trials end up being some of our greatest blessings.
This seems to be the case in Aysen's speech delay.
P.S. I did attend the Republican Caucas. I was happily spending the evening pruning bushes and was about to work on the apple tree. Aysen and I were home alone (Andy, Taylei, Keanna = Softball Practice, Kyler = Friend's home). I began to worry my clutzy side might set in and I would fall out of the tree. He wouldn't be able to call 911 and then what if he wandered off? My mind was going 100 miles a minute down the What If? Highway when it came to a screeching hault at 'President Monson Has Cancelled Church Activities For The Week Crossroad.' I realized by blatantly ignoring the council of the prophet to attend I was in danger of losing blessings etc and not completing my civic duty. Can you say, ginormous guilt trip.
I went and I drug Aysen along. I was totally impressed with how many others felt the same need to attend. And, to make a long story short, I was elected a county delegate and will be attending the county convention. The apple tree and I will have to reschedule our date.
Snow pictures taken October 6, 2011
3 comments:
Dear Tina, So enjoying your bloggging.... it makes my day. Blessing do come in strange and happy/sad....what we think at the time are trials ways don't they? And here is something for your to answer for me? What if your crazy aunt has given up on the party system and made herself an office registered "independent". How do I follow the prophet then? It was a dilema.... so I stayed home and hoped everyone else when and did their civic duty on something I felt I couldn't be a part of. Stupid parties!
And yes, I should have proof read my comment. Sorry. Hope you can understand what I meant....
Whenever I hear of people pruning their trees, I think of my father-in-law falling out of his tree. I'm glad you were careful! As for the caucus, it was my first time going. I try to avoid political matters at all cost, but Ryan told me some stories about the apostles specifically coming to church meetings to tell the ward members to get out and vote. I had never thought of it that way. I was really glad I went to the caucus. It felt nice to be a part of something. I'm really glad you were selected as a county delegate. Ryan and I voted for ya!!!
Post a Comment