Saturday, March 3, 2012

Paul and Ari sitting in a tree . . .

My little broskey has finally found true love.  Arianne Richards - a girl from Nephi.  He has sworn for years and years not to date anyone from Nephi, flat out not interested.  Funny how we so very frequently end up eating our words.
This week I have spent some late nights working on their wedding invitation.  (I'm sharing some of the their engagement photos -- none of these were included in the final product so hopefully I don't get in trouble).  The invitations are ordered and should be here next week.  I'm crossing my fingers that the announcements turn out amazing, I'm feeling a little pressure.

Wedding announcements go through some pretty critical critiques with some of my associates.  No kissing pictures were included so the announcement will at least pass one test.

Then there's the factor that a girl doesn't get married everyday and she has dreams from when she was just a little girl of a perfect wedding . . .
Today we had a bridal shower for Ari at my mom's house.  It turned out quite well.  The food was good.  The company was even better and to Paul's great happiness a few of the items he was hoping for were gifted (insert wink).

We played a little game where Ari had to answer questions about Paul.  92 to be exact.  If she answered the question correctly she got to keep the gift (pantry stocking variety).  If she got it wrong the person asking the question had the option of keeping it.  Some of the questions were way easy and some were way hard.  For the most part she was spot on and they have a good start on a month's supply.

I need to have a little date night with Andy and ask him the same questions to see how well I know him after 14 years.

14 years -- can you believe it.  Exactly 14 years ago yesterday he proposed to me.  14 years of him being super amazing and taking care of me.  My brother, Paul commented this week on how it is so good I have him.  He doesn't think anyone else would be able to put up with me and all the crazy things I ask of my spouse.

So, here's to true love, for me, Paul and hopefully the rest of the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment